1. The Power of herbs: Arjuna, Amla and Ashwagandha. Make use of naturally occurring CoQ10 and Vitamin C in Arjuna and Amla and make this Mix. Arjuna powder, Amla powder and Jaggery in equal quantities. Consume daily on empty stomach. Or drink Arjuna Herbal Tea. Another great natural stress relieving supplement is Ashwagandha.
2. Supplement wisely.
- Vitamin D+K if sun exposure is low.
- Spray Magnesium on your feet just before going to bed.
3. Spices to your rescue: Use ginger, garlic, turmeric, pepper, lime juice generously in your cooking.
4. Ancient Wisdom : Don’t underestimate the power of our home remedies for sudden high blood pressure rises.
- Use heated salt or sand cloth bag to gently rub near the heart for immediate relief.
- Sesame oil massage near the heart with rapid upward movements also helps.
- Have lauki soup early in the morning for 4-6 days until pressure normalizes. Do not consume anything for an hour after. Recipe for Lauki soup: Peel the lauki (found in an Indian store), cut them and mash them. In the pressure cooker add the mash and 2 glasses of water and let 1 whistle blow. Remove immediately and take the lid off and drink after cooling a bit. Do this for 4 to 6 days until the blood pressure normalizes.
- Dry roast white khus khus and watermelon seeds and make a powder. Take it in the morning on empty stomach.
- In one cup of Curd, add 1-2 garlic cut into small pieces. Consume on an empty stomach.
5. Decrease salt intake. Use Himalayan Pink Salt instead of tablesalt.
6. Snacking: Stop eating processed foods. For some healthy snacks, eat fruits, vegetables, nuts, yoghurt, etc. Some snacks which aid in high blood pressure:
- Banana. High Potassium helps decrease sodium content in your body. Other potassium rich foods include coconut water and melons.
- Dark Chocolate.
- Beet Root Juice : Nitrates covert to Nitric Acid which regulate pressure.
7. Heart Strengthening Drink : Finish your dinner early and just before bed take this heart strengthening drink on an empty stomach. In half a glass of milk, add 10 black raisins cut into pieces. Now boil the milk until it raises 3 times and subsides. Eat the raisins and drink the milk. It lowers the cholesterol and strengthens the heart.
8. Lifestyle changes:
- Eat an anti-inflammatory diet
- Consume healthy fats.
- Decrease radiation exposure – cellphones, wifi, etc.
- Get good Sleep
- Dental health also plays a role in heart diseases. Keep the mouth clean. Floss.
- Stop alcohol, tobacco, coffee, tea, drugs.
9. Meditative Pose before Meals Hrudaya Mudra or Apana vayu mudra: Forefinger down, join middle, thumb and ring finger, little finger up, sit with this mudra. Daily 3 times 10-15 min before food.
10. Yoga & Meditation Do Yoga and Mediation daily in a strictly disciplined manner and stick to it. Some of the best practices include:
- Suryanamaskaras 5 daily
- Anulom Vilom
- Vega Bhastrika
They help relieve stress, increase flexiblity, strengthen the heart and other innumerable benefits.
Further, get a home B.P. machine and keep monitoring your blood pressure to see what remedies are working for you and stick to them.
Heart Strengthening Milk – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrj_z2igxQs
Why is Dark Chocolate good? –https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2017/06/12/chocolate-consumption-heart-health.aspx
Home Remedies and Asanas and Mudras – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stV56fl3hd8
Ayurvedic Heart Support – http://store.planetayurveda.com/total-heart-support.html
Arjuna, Amla, Jaggery & Watermelon, Khus Khus – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHgi7rcici0