1. Gum & Teeth Massage : At night before sleep, rub your gums and teeth with mustard oil, rock salt and turmeric. Keep it for 10 minutes and rinse. For my 5 year old, I place turmeric and mustard oil in the mouth after she sleeps. It helped tremendously.
2. Supplement Wisely.
- Vitamin D + K: Teeth enamel is made up of Calcium and Phosphate. The absorption of these from the foods we eat is facilitated by Vitamin D. For Vitamin D to properly be absorbed we need Vitamin K. Intake of Vitamin D+K also fights bacteria that cause demineralization.
- Virgin Cod Liver Oil: Teeth need fat soluble Vitamins A, D, E, K and they are in high concentration in cod liver oil.
- Vitamin C
3. Change your diet
- Cut sugar
- Decrease phytic acid content by proper preparation of grains, legumes, nuts, and seeds via soaking, sprouting or fermenting. Pair all grains with a generous amount of ghee.
- Add raw dairy from the right source
- Raw milk from Guernsey cow which is local and organic is recommended. In India, any cow is preferable. If this is not available, use goat milk.
- Consume ghee, yoghurt, milk, butter for the fat soluble vitamins as well as Calcium.
4. Change your lifestyle habits
- Stop snacking. Teeth are in constant state or de-mineralization or re-mineralization. To enable re-mineralization when we are not eating, we need to give some rest to chewing foods.
- Keep your mouth alkaline after any food either with Salt Water rinses or Remineralizing mouth squish. Some suggest Xylithol for this, but when we have much simpler and easy alkalizing technique why go with Xylithol whose use is controversial.
5. Follow Dental Hygiene
- Swish 10 times after any food.
- Floss after each meal.
- Alkalize your mouth with simple rock-salt-water squishes.
- Oil Pulling: Get cold-pressed organic oil (sesame or coconut or hemp) and keep squishing in your mouth for around 15-20 minutes. Spit in trash bag and not in sink to avoid clogging.
- Herbal Stick : Rubbing your teeth with a herbal stick like neem, miswak or any non-poisonous tree branch is very beneficial to the teeth. Especially rub near the place where there are cavities to reduce them.
- Use a tooth powder instead of tooth paste. It can be as simple as just mustard oil, turmeric and salt, or any other recipe but keep all ingredients healthy and natural and non-toxic. Other ingredients can be coconut oil, bentonite clay, diamatecious earth, baking soda, etc. Or just buy an ayurvedic tooth powder which has everything to keep the tooth and gums strong. Avoid toothpastes to avoid glycerins which needs couple of rinses to get it out of teeth.
From above, Ayurvedic approaches include: Gum/Teeth Massage, Oil Pulling, Herbal Sticks, Salt Water Rinses. These come from age old ancient wisdom and are very effective. I followed just these and my cavities are reversed, however I had the challenge to heal my kids teeth in 2 months to avoid 16 fillings and pumped up the game with additional diet/supplementation. If a 5 year old can do it, you can do it.
1. The Power of herbs: Arjuna, Amla and Ashwagandha. Make use of naturally occurring CoQ10 and Vitamin C in Arjuna and Amla and make this Mix. Arjuna powder, Amla powder and Jaggery in equal quantities. Consume daily on empty stomach. Or drink Arjuna Herbal Tea. Another great natural stress relieving supplement is Ashwagandha.
2. Supplement wisely.
- Vitamin D+K if sun exposure is low.
- Spray Magnesium on your feet just before going to bed.
3. Spices to your rescue: Use ginger, garlic, turmeric, pepper, lime juice generously in your cooking.
4. Ancient Wisdom : Don’t underestimate the power of our home remedies for sudden high blood pressure rises.
- Use heated salt or sand cloth bag to gently rub near the heart for immediate relief.
- Sesame oil massage near the heart with rapid upward movements also helps.
- Have lauki soup early in the morning for 4-6 days until pressure normalizes. Do not consume anything for an hour after. Recipe for Lauki soup: Peel the lauki (found in an Indian store), cut them and mash them. In the pressure cooker add the mash and 2 glasses of water and let 1 whistle blow. Remove immediately and take the lid off and drink after cooling a bit. Do this for 4 to 6 days until the blood pressure normalizes.
- Dry roast white khus khus and watermelon seeds and make a powder. Take it in the morning on empty stomach.
- In one cup of Curd, add 1-2 garlic cut into small pieces. Consume on an empty stomach.
5. Decrease salt intake. Use Himalayan Pink Salt instead of tablesalt.
6. Snacking: Stop eating processed foods. For some healthy snacks, eat fruits, vegetables, nuts, yoghurt, etc. Some snacks which aid in high blood pressure:
- Banana. High Potassium helps decrease sodium content in your body. Other potassium rich foods include coconut water and melons.
- Dark Chocolate.
- Beet Root Juice : Nitrates covert to Nitric Acid which regulate pressure.
7. Heart Strengthening Drink : Finish your dinner early and just before bed take this heart strengthening drink on an empty stomach. In half a glass of milk, add 10 black raisins cut into pieces. Now boil the milk until it raises 3 times and subsides. Eat the raisins and drink the milk. It lowers the cholesterol and strengthens the heart.
8. Lifestyle changes:
- Eat an anti-inflammatory diet
- Consume healthy fats.
- Decrease radiation exposure – cellphones, wifi, etc.
- Get good Sleep
- Dental health also plays a role in heart diseases. Keep the mouth clean. Floss.
- Stop alcohol, tobacco, coffee, tea, drugs.
9. Meditative Pose before Meals Hrudaya Mudra or Apana vayu mudra: Forefinger down, join middle, thumb and ring finger, little finger up, sit with this mudra. Daily 3 times 10-15 min before food.
10. Yoga & Meditation Do Yoga and Mediation daily in a strictly disciplined manner and stick to it. Some of the best practices include:
- Suryanamaskaras 5 daily
- Anulom Vilom
- Vega Bhastrika
They help relieve stress, increase flexiblity, strengthen the heart and other innumerable benefits.
Further, get a home B.P. machine and keep monitoring your blood pressure to see what remedies are working for you and stick to them.
Heart Strengthening Milk – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrj_z2igxQs
Why is Dark Chocolate good? –https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2017/06/12/chocolate-consumption-heart-health.aspx
Home Remedies and Asanas and Mudras – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stV56fl3hd8
Ayurvedic Heart Support – http://store.planetayurveda.com/total-heart-support.html
Arjuna, Amla, Jaggery & Watermelon, Khus Khus – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHgi7rcici0